This meant one last ride on the bus, and of course a shot of Steve, myself and the Natalies in our usual seats!
We boarded the boat and they talked to us about the food and drinks - it was a buffet, and every table had a bottle of white wine and a bottle of red included. Can't beat that! Then we started our cruise and as we floated through the city we enjoyed what was definitely the best included meal of the trip.
Yes, the wine might have helped.
I have to say that not only was the food good (and the included wine was a plus! yeah, I'm going to beat that dead horse) but the cruise itself was an awesome way to end our tour. Budapest is gorgeous by night and we even got to chat with our tourmates a bit. Probably more than we had for the past 10-ish days. Oops.
When the cruise was over, Kiwi Katie led us to a club where we paid about $10 per person (I say $10 because I don't recall how many florints it was) for admission, but that admission included three drinks...if you had them before 11 PM. As it was already about 10:30 and there aren't any silly one drink per person laws in Budapest, you know how I rolled.
![]() |
| Triple Beerage |
There was a big center courtyard and the balconies looking down on the courtyard were the upper floors of the bar; there was also a basement where they were playing dance music. The basement area was a bit sketchy (I am forever at a loss as to why people insist on putting bars and clubs in the basements of buildings) but by the time we made our way down there we'd had enough to drink that it didn't matter ;)
![]() |
| Coral is the color for this Contiki tour! haha |
![]() |
| The Natalies and I with Brandy and one of the Aussie pilots that was on our tour |
![]() |
| One last picture of the "ditchas" :( |









No comments:
Post a Comment