Enter a new Meetup group, Greenville's Girls Pint Out. Normally I'm not big on rushing downtown after a long day of work, but the first event they posted - a beer tasting with cheese pairings for only $10 - was right up my alley and I couldn't say no. Needless to say, I'm glad that I dragged myself out last night!
| source |
Top all of that off with some amazing happy hour specials (half off bottles of wine and $2.50 quality beers such as Bavaria, Duck Rabbit and Thomas Creek - just to name a few), which run from 4 - 7 PM every day (even on Saturdays!) and all I can say is that I will be back.
As for the event itself - for $10 they started us off with a bottle of Bavaria and moved on to tastings of four different beers. The tastings were served in large shot glasses and paired with delicious cheeses, crackers, salami and chocolate from Whole Foods. And one of the best things about this event was that a portion of the proceeds went to Meals on Wheels Greenville! Pint Night Out lasted about two hours, but when it was over they announced that happy hour specials would continue all night long for those of us who had participated.
The proprietors of Art Bar were on hand to talk about their restaurant and chat with the customers, which added a truly friendly, open feel to the place. Let's just say that this is another great downtown establishment, so whether you stop in for happy hour or check out a future Pint Night Out I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
No comments:
Post a Comment