Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hotel Review: Comfort Inn East Windsor, CT

source
This Comfort Inn has a great location. Right off the highway, walking distance to a few decent restaurants, close to the airport without having to hear the air traffic. The rooms have nice, understated decor and while the beds aren't quite as soft as I prefer they provide plenty of really nice pillows, which helps.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I know that the few problems I had were not their fault. Mainly, I booked a non-smoking room, only to arrive and find that they had me in the system for a smoking room. The gentleman at the front desk was eventually able to put me in a non-smoking room, but it took about 30 minutes to check me in (way too long) and I worried all week that I would come back to my room to find that they had let someone else in there by mistake, as he told me that "technically" they didn't have a non-smoking room available for all seven nights I was there. Thankfully, this didn't happen, but having it in the back of my mind wasn't fun.

This hotel offers a free continental breakfast from 6 to 10 AM (as well as cookies at the front desk all day long). The breakfast includes a small selection of cold cereals, hardboiled eggs, bagels, bread, danish and mini muffins, some fruit, and a make-your-own waffle station. The first morning I was there everything was fresh and plentiful, but as the week wore on there was less and less choice and the muffins, danish, and breads grew more and more stale. By the time the last couple of days rolled around I didn't even bother going to the breakfast. Needless to say, I was disappointed that the quality of food that was available at the beginning of my trip didn't last throughout the entire week.

Two other things--for such a small hotel, they had a decent exercise room--two treadmills, two stationary bikes and a flat screen TV. Towels and a watercooler were provided as well. However, I was disappointed to find that of the two bikes the one that was newer and more comfortable was not working. And as for the pool? It's not a pool at all, more like an oversized hot tub with the temperature of a pool. I feel like they just need to make the decision to make it a hot tub.

Overall, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable hotel with helpful staff, a good location, and no frills for a decent price, the Comfort Inn East Windsor is a great choice. But if you expect down comforters, a quality breakfast, and efficient check-in...you may want to look elsewhere.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I know where that is. lol I've never stayed there, but I've driven by it plenty of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck- did they just change the breakfast once a week or something? But maybe the cookies make up for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York City is the most populous city in the United States. The city lies at the mouth of the Hudson River, which is part of the Mid Atlantic region of the USA. They say New York is the city that never sleeps. With all there is to do, you will see why that is. Both the geographic and iconic centre of Manhattan, Midtown features some of New York City's tallest buildings, busiest sidewalks, most recognizable tourist attractions, finest restaurants, largest fashion stores and greatest cultural institutions

    compare new york hotels
    | new york hotels | compare hotels in new york

    ReplyDelete