Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mojo's is no Five Guys, but still worth a stop

I'm not big on fast food, but personally I don't count restaurants like Five Guys Burgers & Fries and Mojo's as part of that category. They serve high quality meat and fresh-cut french fries, so really...who's going to argue with me?

My mom - a big burger fan - has been raving about Mojo's for quite some time now and I finally dragged Steve there on our way to the movies one day. The Greenville Mojo's is conveniently located in the Cherrydale area, a quarter mile at best from the Regal Cinemas there. It was a perfect stop for a quick meal before a matinee movie.

The restaurant is spartan in decor, perfect for a laid-back burger joint with black-topped tables and bright red chairs. Everything was spotlessly clean and the employees were friendly.

At Mojo's you order your food and they give you a number, which you take to a table to wait for them to bring your meal to you. They have baskets and peanuts available to snack on - for free - while you wait, which is always a plus. But don't snack too much, because they load you up with the food here! I ordered a Cheesy Haystack burger, Steve a hot dog, and we shared a large fry (big mistake, pardon the pun - we really only needed a small fry!) and a vanilla milkshake.


This entire meal cost us $15 and change and as you can see it was a lot of food for that amount of money. Everything was tasty and high quality and while I wouldn't say either the burger quality or fries were equal to Five Guys, I really love how Mojo's offers some great specialty burger options and the milkshake was one of the best I've ever had. Needless to say, we enjoyed our meal at Mojo's and we will be back!

Mojo's Famous Burgers & More on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment