Thursday, June 16, 2011

Guidebook Review: Michelin's Must Sees San Francisco

I cannot express enough how much I loved this guide. It is a fairly compact little book - 128 pages, 8.4 x 4.7 x 0.5 inches, 1.6 ounces. Why is this important? Because it slips nicely into any decent sized purse, and I was able to carry it around the entire time we were in San Francisco! It covers the basics, plus a little more - great for someone who only has 2-3 days in this beautiful city. Unfortunately, it appears as if this particular guide hasn't been printed in a couple of years; I got mine in a used book store but there are also a few available on Amazon.

Basically, sights are rated one to three stars; one star being a must-see "only if you have time", and three stars being "make this a part of your trip PRONTO!" There are plenty of restaurant recommendations for all budgets, a decent amount of information on nightlife, and even a couple of chapters on day trips and the Napa Valley. For such a little book, it packs a big wallop :)

If you're planning a quick trip to San Fran, this guide is perfect and I definitely suggest looking for a copy. And come on Michelin...put together an updated version of this and schedule a big printing! I'll even offer my services if you pay to send my husband and I out there to research it...

2 comments:

  1. Guidebooks fitting into a purse is a biggie for me- otherwise who wants to lug a big book around? or put it in their carryon, for that matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo. I want to go to San Francisco! If I ever do, I will definitely pick up the guide book. Sounds super interesting.

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete