Monday, May 16, 2011

Hotel Review: Camelot by the Sea in Myrtle Beach

source
This is the third hotel I stayed at in Myrtle Beach and was by far the best. Yes, it is a bit pricey for what you get, but that's what happens when you stay in a beachfront hotel in Myrtle Beach during peak season.

We had a one-bedroom suite and the room was a good size as well as clean. When you entered there was a bedroom with two double/queen beds - and yes, I did find it a bit weird that you entered into the sleeping area, but that's not really a huge issue. As you walked deeper into the room there was a bathroom on your right, followed by a kitchenette with a full-size fridge on your left and a sitting area with a pull-out couch on the right just after the bathroom.

Being oceanfront and having a balcony was awesome, parking was convenient (a garage attached to the hotel), the restaurant/bar Bummz is right next to the hotel, and I really have no complaints. I would definitely suggest this over the Best Western Carolinian, which is in the same price range and absolutely disgusting.

3 comments:

  1. I love Myrtle Beach! I haven't stayed here yet but it was on my list of hotel choices.

    That is weird the sleeping area was closest to the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to go to Myrtle Beach ever since I saw the movie Shag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Myrtle! This hotel looks great. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete