Monday, May 9, 2011

Blast from the Past: North Fork Ranch in Colorado

I visited North Fork Ranch in Colorado many many moons ago (seriously, I was in high school)...therefore, before writing about it I made sure to skim through their recent reviews on Trip Advisor. Not surprisingly, every review was stellar and based on my own experiences, I feel more than comfortable recommending North Fork for anyone out there who is a horseback riding, fishing, or hiking enthusiast. And if you're none of the above, rest assured that if you want a quiet vacation in a beautiful setting with gracious hosts and amazing food, this is a perfect place to look!

North Fork offers numerous activities...cook outs, square dances, hikes, trail rides for both the adventurous and not-so-adventurous. They also have excursions to other places in Colorado - when I was there we went white water rafting one day, and to Breckenridge for some shopping another day!

Some of the best activities were the rides that included picnics. One morning there was a trail ride combined with a brunch; another day they combined a trail ride with lunch in a beautiful field full of Colorado wildflowers.

North Fork's prices aren't exactly budget, but they include lodgings in their beautiful cabins, outstanding service and again...amazing food. Even my picky high school self loved their meals, and trust me when I say that says a lot :)

If you want to get away and experience one of the most beautiful places in our country as it's meant to be experienced, North Fork Ranch is truly your place.

3 comments:

  1. I want to visit Colorado this summer- its probably a one day drive from here but I always put it off. THe mountains are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Colorado... it's definitely on my list. Thanks for the info! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing! I've never been to Colorado...yet.

    I hope you're having a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete