Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cosmos for Critters: Great Event, Great Cause!

The "Clawsmopolitan"
This past Saturday a handful of Upstate South Carolina's animal rescue groups hosted the first annual "Cosmos for Critters" event at Zen on South Main Street.

One of the best things about the event was the range in ticket prices. A regular admission ticket ran only $28 per person--though until January 1, 2011 and for a few days around Valentine's Day they even dropped this rate to $20 per person! This included one special cosmopolitan as well as heavy hors d'oeuvres. For $35 per person you also got a souvenir glass; $50 per person got you a t-shirt and access to a special VIP area with private seating, a private bar and private restrooms.



Food/decorations layout
The theme for the night was a Mardi Gras style Masquerade ball, and we saw everything from full costumes, to people just wearing their best and sporting masks, to those who didn't really dress for the theme at all. I decided to go middle-of-the-road and wore a 50s-style getup complete with mask...though I was jealous of the one girl who wore a full pirate costume! Why didn't I think of that?
Though people did claim I looked like Gwen Stefani. All. Night. Long.
Showing off my mask!
The drinks were a bit pricey ($6-9 for a mixed drink, depending on whether you wanted house or top shelf liquor) and the food went fast, but the DJ was great and the silent auction offerings were more than worth a look. I heard tell throughout the night that this will be an annual event...well, one can only hope, and as soon as I get the official word I'll let everyone know. Because really, there's nothing better than helping those who can't help themselves.




Back home later that night and making sure my favorite dog knows how much I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment