Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hotel Review: McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge

source
Although our room at the McKinley Princess was clean and we had a great experience at one of the restaurants (Twenty Three Twenty), let me caution anyone who is staying here as part of a Princess cruise tour in hopes of seeing McKinley that that very likely will not happen. I wish I had been informed of the fact that only about 30% of the people who stay at this lodge get to see the mountain when I was booking my trip, because in that case I would not have wasted a night here. There is nothing to do at this lodge other than eat, drink, go to the gift shop, and walk the surrounding nature trails. As it was about 40 degrees and raining the entire time we were there, we did not even get to do the latter.

That said, I was also severely disappointed in the fitness facility, which included a very small room equipped with one treadmill and two stationary bikes, one of which was broken.

I would caution anyone booking a Princess Cruise Tour to think very hard about whether they want to stay at this particular lodge and/or how long they want to stay here. As a general note, this lodge is also not aging well and for what you pay for a Princess Cruise Tour I feel their facilities should be far superior to this.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! hope you still had a bit of fun!
    I'm having a giveaway- come check it out!
    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete