Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hotel Review: Disney's Port Orleans Resort, French Quarter

source
The French Quarter's sister hotel, the Port Orleans Riverside, is one of my favorite Disney resorts; I was excited to see what the French Quarter was all about. Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed--the grounds were nice, the resort was clean, the room was exactly what I assumed it would be for one of Disney's "moderate" resorts--and I actually really liked the smaller atmosphere of the French Quarter. Admittedly, the gift shop left something to be desired, and if I was staying a whole week (I was only there for three nights) I probably wouldn't want to stay here because of the limited resources.

The only complaint I had was that the pool was closed! It was a little cool to go swimming while we were there, but my complaint hedges on the fact that Disney did not communicate to us at any point in time that the pool would be closed for renovations during our stay. They are usually good about this, so I am not sure what happened. Between this issue and the lack of amenities offered at French Quarter, it wouldn't be my first pick of the Disney moderate resorts, but if you find yourself in a situation like mine (all the other moderate resorts being booked solid) the French Quarter is certainly a fine option.

No comments:

Post a Comment