Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hotel Review: Disney's All Star Sports Resort

source
Let me preface this by saying that I stayed at the All Star Music years ago and had no problems with it. I have also stayed at the Pop Century three times and never had anything short of a good stay. The All Star Sports, however, was a different story.

Let me advise any and all of you who might be planning a trip to Disney (and planning to stay at a Disney resort) to avoid the All Star Sports at ALL costs. Between nasty unidentifiable stuff floating in the pool, backs missing off chairs, table tops not attached to the tables, the grassy and shrub areas being completely overgrown, puddles of nasty standing water EVERYWHERE even though it didn't rain once the whole time we were there, having to wait longer in line for the bus back from Animal Kingdom then I did for any of the rides at Animal Kingdom (no, I'm not kidding)--this resort was absolutely not up to Disney standards. You can stay at the much newer Pop Century for the same price or pay a little extra and stay at one of the moderate resorts, which, trust me, is more than worth it.

Admittedly, the check-in process at the All Star Sports was quick and easy and the cast members we encountered were all friendly and what not; unfortunately this simply did not override the terrible appearance of this resort.

2 comments:

  1. That's a shame. Out of the Value Resorts, I've only stayed at Pop Century, and I really liked it. I've heard such mixed reviews of the various All Stars in the last 8 years or so. I wonder if AS Sports just went to crap or if all of them would have been just as sub-par on this particular trip. (When was this, btw?)

    ReplyDelete