Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hotel Review: The Yorktowne Hotel

source
I visited York a few years ago for a wedding and stayed here for two nights. Now, God only knows why people would travel to York for fun, but if you do so, this hotel is probably the best one in the town. However, I found it to be a little pricey for being in York, Pennsylvania--and not only did we travel there in March, but we got a discounted rate because we were in a block of rooms set aside for the wedding party!

The hotel building and common areas were gorgeous, and the room was large and clean--my only complaint was the bathroom, as it did not have a fan and therefore got very hot and steamy. I'm not sure if it is the norm for the rooms at this hotel to not have a fan in the bathroom, but ours didn't. That, combined with such a high price for a not-so-desirable destination gave me the opinion that this hotel is average at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment