Sunday, March 14, 2010

Where do I begin?

I decided yesterday to move forward with this blog, and literally dove right in--but now I'm left wondering, where do I start?

I've been traveling, really traveling, since the summer after my freshman year in high school. Sure, I went places before that--camping in Cape Cod, Amish country and Hershey Park in Pennsylvania, even Disney World--all with my family. But it wasn't until that summer, the summer of 1997, that I truly caught the travel bug. I would have been content if my parents had decided to just take us to Disney World every year; in fact, I was annoyed that they decided against Disney World [which would have been our third vacation there] and instead chose to take us to a dude ranch in Colorado. But that vacation ended up being amazing, and in the context of my travel desires, life-changing as well.

So the question remains...do I start with my most recent travel experiences, and work my way back? Do I mix it up? Or do I "begin at the beginning...and go on till [I] come to the end"? Of course, there will be no "end", really, because as long as there is a vacation day and a dollar left to me, I will continue to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment